Saturday, June 19, 2010

of age

Am I old? That stings. But tonight I was content with soda water on the rocks... so... I think I'm getting there. Lately hangovers  have been abundant, and blackout moments have been so much easier to come by. One beer pushes me to the point of sending text messages I'm likely to regret by sunrise. And a night is rarely just one beer, so imagine being the poor guy on my speed dial. (He tolerates it well. Thank you.)

My question for the night is this: when did 24 become so very very old? Or is old not the word I'm looking for... Maybe... 24 just means I'm more easily-affected by alcohol. Or maybe I'm just more responsible? I suppose a year ago I might have had equally impressive hangovers, but I slept through them. Now, more and more often, I feel obligated to try to 1) have an amazing night and 2) show up for work ready to work.

Anyway- my new receipe for a good night: 1 beer, 1 red bull, 12 soda waters. You'll be moving in and out of crowds all night- on your way to and from the bathroom- so you'll feel like you're busy and involved in the atmosphere, without ever having to actually be involved. This is the lazy girl's guide to a night out.
Club soda in a cocktail glass. My future is clear and bubbly.
Cheers.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment